posted Sep 12, 2021, 4:53 PM
We would like to welcome you and your skater to the Glengarry SC Fall21&Winter22 skating season. Things are going to look a bit different, and we're all making adjustments and learning. Please be patient. If you see or hear of something that concerns you, please bring it to us and we'll be happy to take a look.
QuickStart21 sessions begin Monday, September 12, 2021. Regular Fall21&Winter22 sessions begin Monday, September 27, 2021. Please check that you have the most recent schedules. We are currently on version 2 of the QS21 schedule and version 3 of the Fa21Wi22 schedule, and I fully expect at least one more version of the Fa21Wi22 schedule before we're done.
With the current C19 situation still in flux, we're waiting on guidance from Skate Canada BC/YK (in conjunction with viaSport) and the City of Penticton. New Vaccine Passport requirements come into place tomorrow, and we are fully expecting that sport will be involved at some level. We as a club are not ready to monitor Vaccine Passports yet, so no spectators will be allowed inside the building until we have clarification regarding what we are responsible for.
Current requirements at this time will be:
- Masks (face coverings) are to be worn for all skaters, coaches, volunteers, and parents while in McLaren Park Arena, other that while on the ice surface itself. We are asking all participants to provide their own face mask, and either dispose of it or wash it on a daily basis. Glengarry will supply masks for those who have forgotten for the day.
- The only entrance door is to be the Lobby door, on the west side of building. This door will remain locked at all times. I will open this door at the times mark on the QS21 schedule noted as 'Doors'. Please have your skater ready to enter the building at this time.
- Exit doors will the south end or north end of McLaren Park Arena, based on which dressing rooms your group is assigned for the day.
- The dressing room doors must remain propped open. This means if your skater needs to change, they will need to pop behind the curtain in each room, or head to the restrooms.
- Spectators will not be allowed inside the rink. If your skater needs help to tie their skates, you will need to do so outside, either on the benches, or in your car. We are hoping that this will change in the near future, but it is outside of our control at this time.
- All food and drink (other than water) will need to be consumed outside of McLaren Park Arena.
Please check that your skater has skates that fit! If not, contact me right away. I have a small stockpile of used skates for sale, as well as being a dealer for Edea & Risport boots, and John Wilson & MK blades. I can now put your skater in appropriate skates without you needing to leave town. New skates need to be ordered, and that order can sometimes take 7-10 days to arrive. Please leave time to make that happen.
I think that this covers most of the major points, but I may have forgotten some. We're looking forward to getting back to work, and feeling the ice again.
If you have questions, please get in touch.