posted Jul 3, 2020, 7:59 AM
We would like to welcome you and your skater back to the Glengarry SC Summer 2020 skating season. Things are going to look a bit different, and we're all making adjustments and learning through this period. Please be patient. If you see or hear of something that concerns you, please bring it to us and we'll be happy to take a look.
We are basing our Summer 2020 season around three documents that are posted on the main page of the GSC website:
- GSC Return-to-Play Guidelines
- Skate Canada BC/YK Return-to-Play for Figure Skating Guidelines
- City of Penticton McLaren Park Arena User Group Guidelines
Some items of note included in these documents, and needed information for you:
- Masks (face coverings) are to be worn for all skaters, coaches, volunteers, and parents while in McLaren Park Arena, other that while on the ice surface itself. We are asking all participants to provide their own face mask, and either dispose of it or wash it on a daily basis. Glengarry will supply masks for those who have forgotten for the day.
- The only entrance door is to be the Lobby door, on the west side of building.
- Every skater and parent/guardian MUST sign a waiver before your skater will be allowed to participate. (The waiver is attached to this email, and can also be found on the main page of the GSC website. You can bring it to your first session, or scan and email me a signed copy.)
- Exit doors will the south end of McLaren Park Arena, near the GSC office.
- All participants will go through a verbal Covid-19 screening each day before they enter the building for their session.
- All dryland session will be conducted outside, unless there is heavy rain. That means your skater will be outside in the sun, light rain, and smoke (hopefully not). Please have them prepared for this.
- The dressing room doors must remain propped open. This means if your skater needs to change, they will need to pop behind the curtain in each room, or head to the restrooms.
- Parents will not be allowed inside the rink. If they need help to tie their skates, you will need to do so outside, either on the benches, or in your car.
- The GSC lockers will be unavailable to skaters for Summer 2020.
- Please have your skater bring with them on a daily basis - water bottle, exercise mat, medium size towel (for dryland training purposes), gloves, guards, face mask.
- All food and drink (other than water) will need to be consumed outside of McLaren Park Arena.
We're looking forward to getting back to work, and feeling the ice again.
If you have questions, please get in touch.